Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

Sew Dangerous



Yes, that is an X-ray of my finger.  

I just got home from spending 2.5 hours at the hospital.  At 11:30 today, I sewed my finger with my sewing machine.  Accidentally, of course.  I was working on a table-skirt for work, got distracted by something, and next thing you know I'm bleeding and in terrible pain.  If that wasn't the worst part, I also couldn't find the tip of the needle.

So, I called my mom, who is kind of a bigwig at the clinic here, and she pulls some strings, talks to some people, and gets me in for an X-ray right away.  I drive straight to the clinic, get the X-ray done, and then patiently wait with my mom in her office until the results are available.  Then we saw the picture above.

If you can't tell, the tip of my sewing machine needle is stuck in my finger.  Awesome.  Anyway, I can't get in to surgery until tomorrow afternoon, so until then I'm taking it easy and trying not to use my left index finger. At the moment, I'm watching a movie in bed, accompanied by a kitty and a couple of puppies, and a glass of wine.  

It's been an exciting day so far.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...