Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Let's Get Lost

(These first 3 were taken by Jason, the rest by me!)
I'm writing this Saturday night, but I don't think I'll actually post it until sometime Sunday.  I'm going to be using present tense so I don't confuse myself, just remember that by saying "today" I mean Saturday.  Okay!

Today was Grandma's Marathon.  It is the biggest tourist event of the year in Duluth.  There are probably 20,000 (made up number) extra people in this city over Grandma's weekend.  For the tourists, this means lots of fun things to see and places to eat.  For most of us Duluthians, it means hiding out in our houses from Friday afternoon until Sunday afternoon.  However, Jason and I decided to venture out into the crowds.



Jason and I walked to the movie theater to see "Super 8" today.  Because we thought ahead, we didn't go until around 4, which was quite a while after the race finished.  We didn't have to deal with a lot of people, and by walking we completely bypassed the parking issue.  



I went back and forth all day between wearing this, or wearing jeans.  It was a little chilly out today, but still warm enough not to need a jacket.  But the tights were a must.  I could probably have used even thicker ones.  It's always a sad day in the Kate world when I have to go back to wearing tights, after not having to for a while.  Darn Duluth weather.  (Though I'm sure the coolness was nice for the runners this morning!)

This necklace is a map of the Canada/US border right above the Minnesota/North Dakota border.  I had to have my dad look that up in an atlas.


Skirt :: Old Navy // Top :: Charlotte Russe // Sweater :: Target // Tights :: Some TJ Maxx brand (sorry!) // Shoes :: Target (thrifted) // Bracelet & Belt :: Charlotte Russe // Necklace & Earrings :: Thrifted

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!
xoxoxoxoxoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...