Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Book of Love


It's so gloomy today!  And much chillier this morning while I was taking these photos than it was last night when I actually wore this outfit.  The sky is dark this morning and my camera was very confused, as you'll see by the changing colors of the door behind me.

If you didn't know this about me, I'm a little bit of a klutz.  Not all the time, and I feel like it has really manifested itself in the past year or so.  Every time I eat anything it ends up on my shirt first.  I'm constantly spilling water/pop/coffee down the front of my shirt.  I also bruise really easily.  Exhibit A: my legs.  Most of those are from July 4th window climbing, some are from dog walking, and the most recent ones are from sliding down a set of stairs on my shins last night.  Not on purpose, I assure you, but it did happen.  Not my finest moment.



On to the fun stuff.  

I love this dress.  I love this crocheted vest.  I love these shoes.  I love this bracelet.  This is an outfit full of love.  It's always really nice to wear a bunch of things that you really love.  It makes any day a lot better.  Anyway, I got this dress at the sidewalk sale last week for something like $8.  Not bad at all.  It's not great, and I can definitely tell I spent $8 on it, but it's a nice basic dress.  I love the swing of the skirt and the color.  It pairs REALLY well with this vest I got at Coldwater Creek.  I know, I know, not really a store for a 20-year old lady.  But my mom loves the sales there, and I almost always can find something I like, too.  I instantly fell in love with this vest and my mom was nice enough to buy it for me.  It's hard to tell in these photos, but the knit is absolutely beautiful. 



Wore this last night to our 2nd preview performance of Into the Woods.  It went pretty well for a 2nd preview.  Tonight is opening night and I'm more than a little nervous about it.  I'm sure everything will be great, but nerves are expected.  It's a very tech-heavy show.

Today I got up early (for me, meaning 8:30) to take these photos and post.  Now, I'm headed up to Michael's to get some items for the show tonight and then it's time to walk the dogs.  Currently they're both sleeping on my bed next to me.  They're pretty cute.


Dress :: Ragstock // Vest :: Coldwater Creek // Belt :: Charlotte Russe // Shoes :: Target (thrifted) // Bracelet ::  Victor (via Younker's) // Earrings :: Thrifted

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day, and that it is less gloomy where you are!
xoxoxoxoxo

3 comments:

  1. love this look! i also am a huge klutz, and i bruise super easily. my legs often look like that, as well. oh well, it usually makes for a good story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this outfit!! You look fabulous in it & it's just, well, great! Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...