Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

In The Curve


Good morning, friends!  It's very early while I type this.  And by very early, I mean 4:45am.  I know, I know, what in the world am I doing up this early?  Well, I haven't actually fallen asleep yet.  Every once in a blue moon I have a sleepless night.  It's very rare - usually once a year - but it happens.  I have been very productive last night/this morning, though.  I have drafted a bodice pattern for a new dress and now I'm writing a blog post!  Look at that!



Took these photos on the street before rehearsal.  Quite a few people gave me strange looks.  I know a lot of bloggers that feel weird having people watch them take photos, but I've never really had a problem with it.  If I'm not in anyone's way, what does it matter?  



I try and do cool things while I take my photos, but then I end up losing my balance.  I almost fell a whole foot to the ground right there.  


I'm sure you're all wondering where I got my super awesome glitter shoes, right?  Well, I made them.  Yes, I did.  I'm very proud of them.  They're definitely not perfect and need to be touched up a little, but I think they're wonderful.  Even if they do leak glitter everywhere I walk.  I used Geneva's tutorial here to make them.  It's very easy to follow and her shoes turned out wonderfully!

Because of the sparkle on the shoes, I really wanted to keep the rest of the outfit simple.  Black v-neck and navy pants.  I think it helps the boldness of the shoe really pop.



Top :: Ragstock // Pants :: Charlotte Russe // Bracelet :: a.n.a (via JC Penney) // Shoes :: Made by me // Earrings :: Thrifted


I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!  
xoxoxoxoxo

1 comment:

  1. Good on you for not letting other people scare you off of picture-taking. I'm still working on that one.

    The glitter shoes look awesome, and really pop against the darks of the rest of the outfit!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...