Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

Homegrown Style: Day 1




For anyone not in Minnesota, yesterday was the start of the biggest, greatest 8 days of the Duluth year.  I'm not exaggerating, actually.  Yesterday marked the beginning of Homegrown Music Festival, an 8 day festival of awesome local music and artists taking place all over town.  There are around 150 bands that play over the course of 8 days, and everyone has lots of beer.  It's awesome.  This is the first year that I'm 21 and can go to all of the venues and have some drinks, so I decided to buy a week-long pass instead of just individual wristbands.  I'm super excited!




Last night I went to Tycoon's and saw The Underwriters, who were awesome, and then headed over to Pizza Luce to see my friend Jake's band, Planemo, and saw Bull Feathers afterward.  I had an awesome time and I'm looking forward to going out again tonight.

I thought long and hard about what to wear last night.  The 3 things you want your Homegrown outfit to be are cute, comfortable, and washable.  You will most likely get beer spilled on you, either from yourself or someone else.  You don't want to wear something that you will be upset if it gets beer on it.  Also, comfortable shoes are key since the venues are all over town and you'll probably end up walking, and then dancing once you get there.  




I went with something cute and easy, with comfortable boots.  No one gets all dressed up (really, think Coachella but in Northern Minnesota... and indoors... and local), so casual is key.  I'm actually getting really excited about planning my outfits out for the whole week, now.

Skirt :: Thrifted // Tank :: American Apparel // Sweater :: Thrifted // Belt :: Thrifted // Jewelry :: Thrifted // Boots :: Madden Girl (via DSW) // Tights :: Steve Madden (via DSW)

Stay tuned for more Homegrown style!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...