Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Won't Let Her Go


Finally, here is the dress I've been working on for weeks.  Not straight through, of course.  I'm extremely proud of it.  It definitely took a lot of work and a few techniques that I wasn't super familiar with.  But the instructions were very easy to follow and it turned out perfectly, I think.  The pattern is Simplicity 2178, one of the Cynthia Rowley ones.  I think I have purchased 3 or 4 of the Cynthia Rowley patterns and I love all of them.


It is sort of one shouldered.  The right shoulder has a strap and the left shoulder is tied with two large petal shaped ties.  I love that detail.  The front skirt is gathered and pleated asymmetrically, which I think is one of the coolest things I've seen.  It also has pockets!  Major plus!




I didn't actually wear this anywhere today.  I'm saving it for a different occasion.  But this is how I would style it if I were to wear it out.  Because the print of the fabric is so bold and it has so many interesting structural details, I thought it was better to keep the styling simple.  I'm not sure you can tell from the photo, but my bracelet has little elephants on it!  I'm a sucker for animal themed jewelry.

Belt::Thrifted // Shoes::Isaac Mizrahi for Target // Bracelet::Thrifted // Dress::Me!  Of course.

Let me know what you guys think! 

xoxoxoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. The pictures don't do it justice. The detail work is pretty neat & the fabric one of my favorites.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THIS! It's such a great print too! Don't you just love dresses with pockets? Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...