Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Be My Honeypie



My favorite part about clothing is the story that goes with some pieces.  Most of the garments I own have some sort of tale that I tell whenever someone points them out.  It's probably really annoying to everyone but me, so I'm sorry to everyone.

The story behind this skirt is a really fun one, I think.  The fabric is the same fabric used for the Baker's Wife's skirt in our production of Into the Woods.  Fun, right?  Our lovely costumer, Jean, showed me the costume when she made it weeks ago and I fell in love with this fabric.  I knew I had to have my own skirt from it, so I asked Jean where she got it and a couple weeks I went up and bought a bunch of it.  

A slightly blurry and unflattering photo of Amanda and I wearing our matching skirts.




In typical Kate fashion, I just got around to making this skirt on Wednesday.  I made the mistake of telling the entire cast, numerous times, that I was making a skirt with this fabric, so by last weekend everyone was asking me where it was.  Well here it is!  And it was a huge hit, I think.  It's just a simple circle skirt with a waistband and a back zipper.  Super easy!




These photos were taken out the back basement door of the theater.  I love this space for pictures.  I had to do some creative cropping, though.  There is a large trash can full (to the brim) of water to my left, and a giant fan to my right.  

Almost a wardrobe malfunction!


A couple of detail shots of the skirt:





The necklace I'm wearing also has a story.  It was my gift from the cast of Into the Woods!  It's is so lovely and I am obsessed with it.  It is by far the greatest gift I've ever received from the cast of a show.


Isn't that beautiful?  I love it so much.  Thank you to Carrie and Kate and the rest of the ITW cast for this gorgeous gift!

Skirt :: Made by Me! // Top :: Target // Belt :: Target (came with a dress) // Shoes :: Target // Chain bracelet :: Thrifted // Beaded bracelet :: Charlotte Russe // Necklace :: Pollini Design on etsy (gift)

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!
xoxoxoxoxo

(Complteley unrelated, but I'm typing this at Great Harvest Bread Co, and the lovely woman serving me just gave me a free coffee!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...