Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

The Beauty of the Rain


Hello all!  I hope everyone is having a wonderful July 4th weekend!  Even if you're not in the United States.  I'm having a really wonderful weekend.  Saturday, Jason and I went out with the dogs, and then later babysat our friend Carrie's kids for a few hours.  Her mother-in-law is in the hospital and not doing well, so send loads of good thoughts her way!  

Yesterday, I had to work all day but afterward we went to see The Tree Of Life with some friends.  I'm still not totally sure how I feel about the movie, but it was nice to spend time with friends! 



I made this skirt on Saturday.  It was probably the easiest thing I've ever made.  It's Burda 7363, and it's labeled as "very easy".  This would really be a great pattern for beginners.  No zippers or anything, just elastic  and a drawstring.  I love this fabric, too.  Jason was with me when I picked it up and he was not a fan at all.  He still isn't, but that's fine.  I love it and that's all that matters!



I'm not sure if you can tell, but the drawstring is vintage lace and some black hem tape.  I forgot to pick up actual cording at the fabric store, so I used what I had.  I actually really like the combination of the lace and the black.  It's one of my favorite parts of the skirt.  The other one being the HUGE bucket pockets on either side.  




I decided to keep it really simple with accessories.  Just a ring and some small earrings.  Once summer really hits and it gets so warm out I'm hesitant to wear too many accessories.  I feel that summer is a less jewelry-heavy season.  So I usually do some earrings and maybe a bracelet, or a small necklace.  Keeping it simple!


Skirt :: Made by me // Top :: A.n.a // Shoes :: Blowfish // Ring :: Ragstock // Earrings :: Gift from my mom

Happy 4th of July, everyone!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

1 comment:

  1. Love your shoes. Gladiators are slowly becoming my favorite shoe this summer. They just seem meant for adventure.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...