Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Fashion Inspiration: Heathers


I recently rewatched the movie Heathers and was reminded how much I love the style of it.  This move has such a strong, unique sense of style.  I really love this movie and the fashion in it.

The premise of Heathers is pretty simple.  Veronica (Winona Ryder) is a member of the most popular clique on campus, called the Heathers, along with 3 other girls all named, what else, Heather.  Veronica begins to get sick of the terrorizing antics she has to put up with and be involved in as a member of the Heathers when she meets the new boy in school (Christian Slater).  Together, they plot to take the Heathers down.

Heathers is loaded with preppy 80's fashion.  It's one big giant-hair, shoulder-padded party.  The characters wear a lot of plaid, pleated skirts, blazers, and colorful tights.  Each character also has a signature color.  I'm just going to be focusing on the main character, Veronica, for this post, and her signature color is blue.  





Outfit Inspired by Veronica
Heathers Inspiration

This is the outfit I put together.  Notice the bright blue tights, cute pleated skirt, and blazer (sans shoulder pads, of course).  I love this cropped tank and think it really brings the look up-to-date.  Veronica is always wearing reading glasses on a chain around her neck, so I added this Kate Spade necklace to give the same feel.  I couldn't decide on shoes because I think that either the oxfords or the Modcloth wingtips would pull the look together really well.  

I'm going to try to put together my own Veronica look with items I own.  That post will be up in a day or two.
Let me know what you think!
xoxoxoxoxoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...