Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Precious Things


Yesterday, my mom and I went to a couple of estate sales and then to an art festival at Glensheen Historic Estate.  It's a beautiful historic mansion in Duluth, right on the lake.  The art festival was very neat.  I love going to events like that.  I love seeing all the different local artists.  Not to mention, the grounds at Glensheen are absolutely gorgeous.


Pier looking out onto Lake Superior

  




My friend Jes was there blowing glass.  What a neat craft!  I find it completely fascinating.  He made some beautiful pieces.



The main reason my mom and I went to the art festival was to see our friend Crystal's jewelry.  She is very talented and makes really gorgeous and unique pieces.  I loved that copper necklace above, but couldn't afford it.  Bummer!  My mom did buy me a pair of beautiful earrings, though. 



And what festival is complete without funnel cake?  None.  So I was obligated to get some, right?  That's what I'm going to go with.  It was delicious and doughy and wonderful.




My mom was also nice enough to take a few outfit shots for me.  She's pretty great.

Dress :: Victor (via Younkers) // Shoes :: Blowfish // Belt :: Thrifted // Earrings :: Thrifted // Purse :: Target // Bracelets :: Younkers


I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!  I'm going to see the local Children's Theater perform West Side Story.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...