Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

From Above



I'm having a great morning so far.  Well, except for the part when a certain little kitten woke me up by sitting on my face at about 6:30.  The past few mornings, Simon has desperately wanted attention between 6 and 7 in the morning.  I'm not sure why, but it's very irritating when I don't have to be awake yet.  He's adorable, and annoying.



I have a half day at work today, and I'm so excited.  I've found that since the store closed, and we started doing liquidation sales, I hate being there more and more every day.  It's so hard watching something I put 2 1/2 years of my life into slowly walk out the door with every transaction.  My patience with people is wearing thin, and I can feel myself getting snippy with customers.  I'm ready for it all to be over.



I wore this outfit last night to the show.  I went straight from work to the performance, so I wore the same shirt and sweater that I wore to work and just swapped out my jeans for a skirt.

This is a very atypical outfit for me.  I only own two button-up shirts, and I rarely wear them.  I'm also not sure I've ever worn one underneath a sweater.  I love the slightly preppy feel it gives off.  The skirt is unusual for me, too.  I don't remember the last time I wore a skirt around my hips, instead of at my natural waist.  I don't generally like to wear things that don't emphasize my waistline, but I like how this turned out.  I really love the color palette.  Also, how cool is this necklace?



I like stepping out of my comfort zone a little like this.  It's not so far out that I don't feel like myself, but it's a little bit different for me and it's interesting.
Sweater :: Target // Shirt :: Target (thrifted) // Skirt :: Charlotte Russe // Shoes :: Charlotte Russe // Necklace :: Charlotte Russe // Tights :: Steve Madden (via DSW)

See how I've worn this skirt, sweater, and shirt before!

  

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...