Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

What I Ate 9.17

Morning, friends!  As of yesterday I've been completely vegan for a full week!  (Okay, there may have been an incident involving a couple of bites of cheesecake crust, but just the crust!)  Considering I went from eating meat and dairy and everything to completely cutting out animal products cold turkey, I don't feel bad about that bite of crust.


8am: Breakfast yesterday was Jewish rye bread, peanut butter, and a banana.  I wasn't feeling very hungry when I woke up, but I knew I needed to eat something.  So this was my pre-gym breakfast!



I was super excited about this wrap I made for lunch yesterday.  Unfortunately, my tortillas were not quite big enough to handle all the fillings, but it worked out.  At Lazlo's, one of my favorite wraps we have was the buffalo chicken wrap.  It's just chicken, hot sauce, lettuce, tomato, cheese, and blue cheese dressing.  So my goal yesterday was to make a vegan version.  It actually turned out really well!  I used Gardein buffalo "chicken" strips, homemade vegan blue cheese (using vegan mayo, tahini, lemon juice, and apple cider vinegar), lettuce, tomato, and Daiya shredded cheddar.  I was really pleased with how it turned out.  



My favorite meal of the week is Tuesday night dinner at my aunt's house.  I'm not sure if I've talked about it on the blog before, but I look forward to it all week.  It's a vegan/gluten-free potluck with family and friends.  I love trying new recipes and bringing them to share, and eating lots of really yummy food with my family.  

Last night I made tofu and udon noodles with a ginger peanut sauce and kale.  It was really good and I have leftovers to eat for dinner tonight!  The other things we had were a super delicious tomato soup (which I also have leftovers of!) a little salad, lots of yummy cooked veggies with rice, and coconut ice cream for dessert.  I left very full and satisfied!

I've been slacking a little in the fitness department recently.  I went to the gym yesterday morning, but I just had no motivation to do it.  I did, and I had a great workout, but it took a while to get myself going.  I'm not going to the gym today because I hurt my hip doing something (not sure what) and I'm concerned about stressing it too much, especially considering I have to work tonight.  I might try to get some yoga in sometime today, though, since it's low impact.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...