Pages

Monday, September 30, 2013

What I ate 9.27


Morning, friends!  Welcome back to my blog!  This post is a few days old.  Actually from Friday.  It's been another busy work week and I just didn't have a minute to sit down and write this out until now.  But, the "weekend" approaches!



For breakfast, pre-gym, I had steel cut oats, almond milk, half a banana, chia seeds, some shredded coconut, and a little agave nectar.  I love my oatmeal in the mornings, and I think I'm going to love it even more once it gets cooler outside.  When I got to work I had an orange and little applesauce.  You all know I love my applesauce.



I had my first go-round at meal prepping last week.  On Wednesday, I spent a few hours making meals for Thurs-Sun (my busiest work days) and put them in little individual containers and everything.  I was super excited.  The first thing I made was black bean and greens stirfry.  It's just brown rice, black beans, broccoli, kale, and soy sauce.  I tossed some leftover tofu in there, also.  I brought this to work with me on Friday to eat between shifts.  It was super good and really filling, and super easy to make and store.  I'll definitely be keeping up with this meal prepping and be making this one again.



On Wednesday, along with the meal prep, I also roasted a big bunch of Brussels sprouts.  Guys, I LOVE roasted Brussels sprouts.  They're one of the greatest things ever.  So I roasted a bunch of them, and ate some then (obviously), but then I tossed some in the fridge and freezer.  Then I had some for dinner Friday night, with some leftover rice.  I love the idea of roasting a whole bunch of Brussels sprouts (or any other veggie) and just keeping them on hand for quick snacks or sides.  

Anyway, that's what I ate on Friday!  I've been noticing a lot of cravings recently for meat.  It's definitely hard working in a restaurant that pretty much only serves meat.  I have a hard time watching a plate of ribs or a burger go by and not wanting some, but I've been really good!  I have had a few weak moments with baked goods (two or three bites, tops!) but I haven't had any meat since I started this.  So I think that's good!  The only other thing I've been craving is dessert.  Cheesecake sounds awesome, and cookies too.  I think I might have to make a batch of cookies to keep here, just to combat this sweet tooth I've come upon.

Stay tuned later for probably an outfit post!

xoxoxoxoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...