Pages

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Meal Prep 10.2 - Pumpkin and pancakes and tuna?


Happy weekend!  Okay, I know that for most of you it's not the weekend, but it is for me!  I had yesterday off, I just work tonight and then I have tomorrow morning off, also.  Time to rest up and prepare for doubles all weekend!  That's why today was my meal prep day.  I'm going to make a few things tomorrow, too, but today was the main stuff.  I thought it might be fun to share with you all what I make to prepare myself and my kitchen for the long weekend!


So let's get started.  First, Brussels sprouts.  I like to just roast a whole bag of Brussels sprouts to pair with everything, or just eat as a snack on their own.





I cut off the end of the sprouts, and pull off all the loose leaves (anything that falls off with little to no effort) and then toss them all in a bowl with olive oil, garlic salt, and a little pepper.  Then, they go in the oven!  I roast them for about 25 minutes at 450, shaking the pan about halfway through.



While the sprouts were in the oven, I made chickpea "tuna" salad.  This is so good, you guys.  I had never had it before, but it was delicious.  I got the recipe from The Kitchn, and decided to try it for this week.  I added extra celery for volume.  I like adding celery to things because there are no calories in celery.  It adds volume, and fills you up, for no cost.  In this recipe, for example, it just makes the "tuna" salad go farther without adding any extra fat or calories.  Perfect.  (The recipe for this also calls for regular mayo and umeboshi vinegar, but I used Veganaise and red wine vinegar)

My plan for the tuna salad is to have it on sandwiches or wraps for lunch.  Yum!



Next, I steamed some broccoli and tossed that in a dish with some toasted sesame seeds, and then I made up a bunch of quinoa.  I don't have a specific plan for either of these, they're mostly just to have on hand as side dishes or additional dinners.




Lastly, I made pumpkin pancakes!  I'm so excited about these, friends.  I made a bunch of batter and saved it in a little squirt bottle in the fridge, and the extra I just made into pancakes and ate.  They're super delicious.  I thought these would be really good grab-and-go snacks or breakfasts for work in the morning.  I didn't save the link to the recipe, but I just googled "vegan pumpkin pancakes" and found it.  


So that's everything I made today, friends.  I'm definitely pleased to have everything prepped and ready to go.  I'm hoping to get a couple more things done tomorrow, and I'll be all set for the busy football weekend.  

Happy Wednesday!  Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
xoxoxoxoxoxo





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...